Performance Marketing Association Announces Formation of New Standards Tracking Group
At its annual member meeting last night, the Performance Marketing Association announced the formation of a new working group to develop Tracking Standards for performance advertising, commonly associated with affiliate marketing. The Tracking Standards Working Group has the goal of identifying and standardizing tracking methodologies to improve overall reliability and results. The group will identify problems with current tracking methods and propose standards for new and innovative tracking solutions. The Working Group is being chaired by Lee Brown, Chief Technology Officer of HasOffers.com.
“As performance advertising continues to grow, it’s imperative that we establish tracking standards to make the industry cohesive and foster accelerated growth,” commented Lee Brown of HasOffers.com. “The IAB has done a great job of creating standards for display advertising, and now is the time to create standards for performance advertising.”
The Performance Marketing Association is a nonprofit association founded in 2008 by thought leaders in the performance marketing industry. Their primary focus is to connect, inform, and advocate on the behalf of businesses and consumers to raise the profile of this multi-billion-dollar marketing channel.
“We need to strive for 100% reliability in tracking technology, and we’ve assembled a team made up of the best technologists in the industry to create standards that will stimulate growth and innovation,” said Rebecca Madigan, Executive Director of the PMA.
The following PMA Platinum level members have signed on to the Working Group:
- Lee Brown, CTO, HasOffers.com (chair)
- Anders Bjoras, VP of Technology, Commission Junction
- Josh Butts, Director of Web Development, Offers.com
- Dean Irvin, Senior Systems Administrator, of FatWallet
- Jim Jessup, Director of Affiliate Marketing, Yahoo!
- Greg Lems, Chief Technology Officer for ClickBank
- Avik Mohan, VP of Product Development, Linkshare
- Amit Patel, VP of Product Development for Ebates
- Marc Tibbitts, CTO of MediaTrust
- David Torre, CTO of IMM Interactive
- Rick Okin, CIO of Epic Media GroupThe Tracking Standards Working Group is still accepting members. You must be a member of the Performance Marketing Association to join a PMA Working Group. Any membership level is allowed to join working groups. More information can be found at: http://www.performancemarketingassociation.com/